episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Lisa Tamati
about relentless leadership in life as we go all in on saving her mums life,
overcoming the toughest ultra-marathon races in the world, the GRIT to overcome adversity, and
going above and beyond medical advice to
find a solution for her mum. We also talk about imposter syndrome, the
importance of hope, optimising your DNA, and learning how to pivot and change
direction in life.
Lisa Tamati – Relentless Leadership In Life
Lisa Tamati is a
professional adventure athlete, best author, crazy super human being,
motivational speaker and mindset coach, who goes beyond the human limits. Over
the past 25 plus years, she has taken on and conquered the world’s toughest
endurance events and expeditions including the Sahara and Gobi deserts,
Himalayas and Niger, however none of those extreme events even come close to
her greatest life challenge, where it took a relentless approach to saving her
mums life. She is an absolute force of nature and true warrior leader, in every
essence of human kind, who loves to put the body armour on and take GRIT and a
Relentless approach to life to a whole nuther level.
Her education includes a
Bachelor of Applied Management in sports Management from Otago Polytechnic,
National Certificate in Business Studies for Carrington Polytechnic Auckland
and a Certificate in Counselling & Human Relations (social work) from
Western Institute of Technology.
Imagine the University of
life you gain when you cover over 70,000 km of running across some of the
poorest, most dangerous and challenging stretches of earth including a
life-changing argument with your partner while illegally in the Lybian desert,
losing your mind in Death Valley one of the hottest places on earth, running
the length of New Zealand, that’s 2,200km, and pushing your mind and body
beyond belief every single day.
Lisa talks about:
- Growing up as a curious kiwi in Taranaki, New Zealand.
- Why she became an Ultra-marathon runner?
- 1997 Libyan Desert illegal crossing, 250km four-person expedition.
- Importance of learning the skill of situational compartmentalisation.
- Why attempt the toughest race on the earth, Marathon De Sables.
- Developing Relentless Leadership In Life.
- The battle of the lion and the snake in your head.
- Running Death Valley in 57 Degrees Celsius, Badwater Ultramarathon.
- Being tackled to avoid a rattlesnake, in the coolest race on the planet.
- Why is it that what you believe dictates your destiny?
- We cannot control all the variables in the world.
- Relentless, the story about bringing her mum back.
- Why check for sleep apnea during a severe neurological event.
- Studying functional neurology, neutrophics and epigenomics.
- We live in the time we have access to the greatest minds on the planet.
- When you have no hope, you take weak action, because you don’t think it will be useful anyway.
- The challenges of self-publishing a book.
- Pushing The Limits Podcast
CEO Performance Tip
CHOICES You Make
– The world is constantly challenging us through disruption,
competing priorities and competition for our attention; therefore we must take
control of our own story and influence. Your have to own your own life and
realize that life is not a dress rehearsal. How much of your life do you really
own and take full responsibility for? You are the sum total of your decisions.
You own the choices that you make.
“All that I can control is my reactions to it and
the decisions I make from here on in.” Managing fear and hysteria, with Lisa
Tamati, on the active CEO Podcast.
“It’s not about Talent, it’s about GRIT,
determination and an ability to suffer a lot. When times are tough the ability
to keep hurting and keep moving forward.” Lisa Tamati talks about her
RELENTLESS approach to life, on the active CEO Podcast.
“If we crashed in a jungle in an aeroplane and I had
to run 200km to save their life, would you stop, would you quit right now, if
there life depended on it?” Creating the right mental state with Lisa Tamati,
on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Lisa Tamati www.lisatamati.com
Lisa Tamati LinkedIn
Lisa Tamati Jewelry www.LTJewellery.co.nz
Lisa Tamati Instagram
Lisa Tamati Twitter
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Fuel Your Body For Leadership Performance Read Article
How Exercise Enhances A Leaders Performance Read Article
Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Read Article
How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Read Article
active CEO Lessons In 2019 Read Article
Four Ways To Overcome CEO Loneliness In 2020 Read Article
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#92 – Lisa Tamati (Author of Relentless) Relentless Leadership In Life Link
#91 – 8 Ways To OWN Your OWN Influence Link
#90 – Jason Treu (Unstoppable Workplaces) Building Trust For Transformation Link
#89 – How Many CEO Performance Habits Link
#88 – Kate Maree O’Brien (SHE Conference) Tenacious Spirit Of An Entrepreneur Link
#87 – Have You Got CEO Presence Link
#86 – Chris Tabish (Comediology) Leadership Effectiveness With Comediology Link
#85 – Raise Your Energy Bar With CEO Periodization Link
#84 – Catherine Molloy (Auspac Business Advantage) The Conscious Leader Link
#83 – 3 P’s Of The Leadership Performance Formula Link
#82 – Revital Golan (Anemone Ventures) Entrepreneur State Of Mind Link